E-FREIGHT NEWS & EVENTS
Japan AFR Filing Tips
E-Freight AFR Support
Los Angeles: 626-943-8418
AFR Filing has gone live and E-Freight would like to review some of the Filing Rules.
• After Carrier files in ATD, NACCS sends a Discrepancy Report to Carrier called SAS108
• SAS108 will list all B/Ls flagged with Carrier or NVO errors
• For NVO, it will be in the following areas
– NVO did not file AHR before ATD
– Mistakes in Vessel Name, Call Sign, Voyage Number
– Discrepancies in Master BL and House BL
Minimize chance of getting on SAS108 Report
• Japan Customs may issue SPD - Suspend
– For SPD shipments, Carrier, and only Carrier, needs to file DNC to discharge the cargo at the port.
– SPD only for Late Filings and Errors in Vessel / Bill of Lading data
– Penalty may be issued to NVO.
• Minimize Filing Errors, especially those that can cause SAS108
– Maintain Quality Data, especially Carrier Code and Vessel
– Must verify Vessel Call Sign with the Carrier, make sure Carriers will provide at Booking
– Make sure the Master BL is entered correctly
• Make sure AFR Filing is not Late or Missing
For any questions regarding AFR, please contact us.
E-Freight Technology, Inc.
Tel: (021) 6383-0279
Li Yun Shen